NVS Verdict: The New Transit Custom 'Colour Edition' has the refinements and drivability of a car all built into a commercial vehicle. This edition of the short wheelbase 170 Trend model offers a unique sporty look and 4 striking colour options.
Ford Transit Custom 290 SWB 2.0TDCi 170 'Colour Edition'
What is it?
This limited time special edition offers the new Euro 6 170psi engine in the 290 SWB shell.
This version is an upgrade on the Trend specification level that offers sporty styling that appeals to a growin audience of enthusiasts.
Custom 'Colour Edition' Specification:
- Contrasting body colours
- Front & Rear Wheel Arch Extensions
- Door Mirror Caps
- Front Skid Plate
- Side Stripes
- 17' 10 Spoke Panther Black alloy wheels with silver bolts and blue centre caps.
- Electric Heated Wing Mirrors
- Projector Style Halogen Headlights
- Front Fog Lights
- Front & Rear Parking Sensors
- My Connect Bluetooth Radio CD with USB with Steering Wheel Controls
- Electric Front Windows
- 10 Way Adjustable Drivers Seat
- Dual Passenger Front Seat with Under Seat Storage
- Full Width Metal Bulkhead with Load Through Facility
- The styling of the new custom is in a league of its own. Very ergonomically designed and puts the ‘car feel’ into the van market
- Comfort is superb thanks to supportive seats and a range of adjustments that includes steering wheel tilt and reach. driving position to be attained easily.
- The amount of standard equipment and the range of advanced options which can help reduce driver stress and fatigue is well received
- A relatively refined 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi engine that’s designed to deliver plenty of torque and good economy. MP3 compatible CD player
- Packed with many practical features which include a load-through hatch in the bulkhead, to help store pipes or boards of up to three metres in length, and multiple fixing points and tie-down hooks. Further enhancing the van's capabilities is an optional folding roof rack. Integrated into the roof, and recessed when not in use to reduce drag, the roof rack can carry loads of up to 130kg
- Standard security kit includes remote central locking, double door locking, high strength anti-tamper locks and a securely fitted full steel bulkhead.
- Servicing needs to be carried out every 30,000 miles or two years, whichever is sooner
- No Aircon on the special edition
- rear door stays can be fiddly,
- rail-looking fuel flap hinge
- poorly placed oil filler cap
Without doubt Ford have put a lot of thought not only into the design but the practicality and drivability of the new Ford Transit Custom. It is a vehicle which will cater for so many different uses and is without question a commercial vehicle worth very strong consideration.