NVS Verdict: If you thought the current Vauxhall Vivaro is good then take a look at Vauxhalls latest production.
The new Vivaro panel van is available in two lengths: L1 (2537 mm internal) and L2 (2937 mm internal), and in two heights. It’s more spacious, tougher built, better for you in the cabin – and it will save you on running costs.
Vauxhall Vivaro SWB Sportive
What is it? It can also take longer loads. Up to 2.95m using the first ‘cat flap’ that extends below the bulkhead and under the front seats; and 3.2m lengths when a secondary ‘cat flat’ is opened that allows 3m piping for instance to extend into the footwell.
The L2 model is positively vast with a 4.15m loading area.
Not only is it a new body but Vauxhall have improved the engines with a turbo diesel and a bi-turbo diesel making Vauxhall best in class for economy
- 1.6 CDTi 120PS
- 1.6 BiTurbo CDTi 125PS
- 1.6 BiTurbo CDTi 145PS
Inside the cabin there is a smarter, more car like interior that provides you with a mobile workspace. The seats adjust for height, length and rake; the steering wheel is adjustable too and there’s a mobile phone cradle, a table cradle, a hideaway for your laptop computer and an ingenious detachable clipboard.
Sportive specification overview
- Full height steel bulkhead
- Six-way adjustable drivers seat with height adjustment, armrest and lumbar adjustment
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Multifunction trip computer
- Steering wheel mounted audio and telephone controls
- Remote locking
- Electric front windows and heated door mirrors
- ESP and ABS
- Black connect embossed cloth seat trim
- Flexcargo bulkhead
- CDR18 CD/MP3 digital/stereo radio
- leather steering wheel and gear knob
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Chrome instrument dials
- Air conditioning
- Three button key
- Body coloured bumpers, side mouldings and mirror housings
- LED daytime running lights
- Rear parking sensors
- Full- diameter wheel trims
- Well - built, quality feel
- The cabin is light and airy and the choice of colours and fabrics creates a pleasant environment. It’s the perfect mobile office business environment that keeps you connected and in touch.
- New Vivaro’s high-positioned, dashboard-mounted gearshift, new rake-and-reach steering wheel with infotainment remote controls, six-way adjustable seat with armrest and lumbar support, and clear instrumentation, keep you comfortably in control.
- Nine open-and-closed dashboard storage spaces. Perfectly positioned cup holders with extra storage under the optional office-bench seat. There’s a place for everything you’ll need on a working day.
- An office bench seat with a fold-down centre section revealing a removable clipboard and a storage compartment, suitable for your tablet or laptop.
- A removable clipboard, which can be secured in the cab, keeping important papers to hand and saving search time.
- Docking stations for your smartphone and tablet on top of the dashboard (available as accessories).
- For extra efficiency there’s a keyless open-and-start function, and selective door-locking.
- Stylish interior and exterior design - good looks will do credit to your business
- High equipment level as standard
- Its tough to find any real faults with this van as it is still early days but so far, so good
This sector of the commercial vehicles is probably the toughest and Vauxhall have had to pull out the stops to compete with the Ford Transit Custom and the VW Transporter. We feel they they are onto a winner with the new Vivaro. New design, new engines new technology and more importantly you can now fit an 8x4 sheet in the back of the short wheel base means it will be high on everybody’s list when their van is due for replacement - Well done Vauxhall.