With the Transit Custom chasing the title from the VW Transporter now we have a new contender in the game. Citroens brand new Dispatch.
What is it?
Along with its siblings the Peugeot Expert and the Toyota Pro Ace the new Dispatch is unique in the mid-size panel van sector as a new model from the ground up. The Dispatch is offered through the full range of sizes from small, medium and Extra large as a standard van, six seater crew van and a nine seater combi.
- Battery charge warning
- Citroen connect box with emergency and assistance system
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Door open warning light
- Headlamp and side indicator warning
- Lights on warning buzzer
- Multi-function on-board trip computer
- Oil level warning light
- Outside temperature gauge
- Rev counter
- Service indicator
- Speedometer with digital odometer and digital trip recorder
- 2 speed intermittent front wipers
- Cargo area tie down loops
- Electric front windows with one touch & anti pinch function
- Front windows tinted to 30 percentage opacity
- Hard plastic floor protection in cabin
- High level third brake light
- Laminated acoustic windscreen
- Rear fog lights
- Reversing lights
- Rubber floor in load compartment
- Towbar preparation
- Twin sliding unglazed side doors
- Visible VIN at windscreen base
- Visibility Pack with automatic lights - Dispatch
- Dashboard mounted central locking push button and auto locking above 7mph
- Perimeter and volumetric thatcham category 1 approved alarm
- Remote central locking with deadlocking, selective cab and load area locking via 3 button plip remote control key
- Rolling code transponder immobiliser
- Audio controls mounted on steering wheel
- Closed upper and open lower gloveboxes
- Cup holders for driver and passenger
- Dashboard storage areas
- Driver and passenger sun visors
- Front door pockets with 1.5L bottle holder
- Heater with 4 dashboard air vents
- Height adjustable driver seat with lumbar support and armrest
- Height adjustable head restraints for driver and front passengers seats
- Height and reach adjustable steering wheel
- Large courtesy lights
- Load compartment interior light
- Mica cloth/Vinyl upholstery
- Moduwork dual passenger bench seat with fold-up outer seat, folding down writing table in central seat back and storage under central seat
- Under dash storage areas
- Automatic fuel cut off & door unlocking
- Driver and front passenger airbag with deactivation
- Electronic Stability Control and ABS with hill start assist, EBA and EBFD
- Height-adjustable 3-point pre-tensioner seat belts with force limiter
- Unfastened seat belt warning for driver and front passengers
- 12V socket in cabin
- 12V socket in cargo area
- Cabin and ride comfort excellent
- Very good safety features available
- Low running costs
- Competitvely priced
- Could do with a little more feedback through the steering
- Small storage compartments
Having made a giant leap forward from its previous model the New Dispatch will be climbing the rankings and being recognised as a very good desirable vehicle which is not only economical but cheap to run.
Ford have now a proven track record in pick up trucks with the F-Series being Americas top selling vehicle for over 30 years.
If you are considering a double cab for your business then take a close look at the new Ford Ranger.
Good both on and off road. It has the capability to take on anything you can throw at it, on top of that it does it with style. The new model and engine line up is now providing sensible fuel consumption for such a powerful work horse.
*Business Customers Only, All monthly costs are subject to VAT at current rate and credit approval. Agreement Terms and Conditions apply.