NVS Verdict: A great city van with ultra low emissions. Its almost identical to the Citroen Nemo and the Peugeot Bipper
Fiorino Tecnico 1.4
What is it?
Fiats smallest panel van now nicely fits underneath the Doblo and its bigger brothers. Aimed at the city driver it exudes style and economy
- Based on the platform of the tried and tested Grande Punto
- The van is surprisingly large, its actually bigger than the Ford Fiesta with a cargo area of 1000mm x12000mm so it can cope with an ISO pallet
- CO2 emissions are tax friendly at only 119g/km
- The fiorino produces slightly more power than its Peugeot and Citroen rivals
- The fold down passenger seat increases load volume to 2.8 cubic meters
- good range of factory options including twin side load doors
- The cargo floor is very low - ideal for lifting goods into the back and side doors
- The side opening is smaller than it looks (but then the Fiesta does not have the side door)
- The bulkhead and wheel arches intrude into the cargo space so the larger load needs to be accessed through the rear doors
Fiat have cleverly put a small box van body on the chassis of a car which in turn gives the volume needed from a small van and the handling of a car - Ideal for city driving. Smart move Fiat.