Transit 350 LWB Hi Roof L3 H2 2.0TDCi EcoBlue 130 FWD Leader
The long awaited New Transit hits the road with an almighty bang proving again just how good a brand the Transit really is. Ford had a hard act to follow replacing the previous model, but they have done it again...
New Ford Transit
What is it?
As there are some 450 different variants including panel vans, chassis-cabs, box vans, lutons and minibuses it’s highly unlikely that you won’t find one to suit your particular needs.
Transit is available in front, rear and all-wheel drive at weights of between 2.9 tonnes and 4.7 tonnes
A single 2.0 litre turbo diesel power-plant offers 105bhp, 130bhp and 170bhp. Three lengths and two roof heights are on offer and in the business end the new Transit offers up to 11% more loadspace than the old model.
The sides are more vertical and the side loading doors have been enlarged for easier loading with a forklift.
Service intervals are now two years/30,000 miles and the maintenance time has been cut to reduce the labour charges
Standard specification overview
• Radio, with AUX, Bluetooth®, USB/iPod® connectivity, and remote controls
• Rake- and reach-adjustable steering column
• Easy-clean rubber floor covering in cab
• Courtesy lights with theatre dimming
• Trip computer
• Economy- Gearshift Indicator light
• Driver’s 8-way seat adjust with armrest
• Dual passenger’s seat with seat stowage compartment and fold-out table
• Electrically-operated front windows
• Remote central deadlocking
• Full steel bulkhead
• Overhead stowage console
• DIN 75410 compliant tie-down loops
• Door mirror with large blind spot eliminator
• Door mirror integrated side indicators
• Rear mud flaps
• Half cap wheel covers
• Day running lights
• Headlight courtesy delay Passenger’s sliding side load door and step
• Integrated rear bumper step
• Wide bodyside mouldings
• ESC/ABS/Hill Start Assist
• Curve Control
• Emergency Brake Warning
• Ford Easy-Fuel cap-less refueling
Transit has been the UK’s best-selling van for over 50 years now and with this new model on offer we can safely assume it’ll still be No 1 in another 50.
Ford has finally produced the first ever heavy panel van that actually drives like a car. It’s capacious, easy to drive, and easy on costs. The engine is just about noiseless, the steering taut and the handling pin-sharp.
Ford had big boots to fill replacing the old Transit. We feel that this time they have turned those ‘big boots’ into a comfy pair of slippers.
*Business Customers Only, All monthly costs are subject to VAT at current rate and credit approval. Agreement Terms and Conditions apply.