At New Vehicle Solutions, We have over 50 years combined experience in supplying the right van for the job. When look at the available vans you need to ensure you are choosing the right size of van for a specific job. It is also essential to ensure efficient operations and optimal use of the vehicle. Various factors come into play when selecting the appropriate van size:
Here are 10 factors to consider when looking for a van for you or your business.
- Cargo Capacity: Consider the volume and weight of the items you’ll be transporting. Smaller vans, like compact or city vans, are suitable for lighter loads, while larger vans, such as panel vans or box trucks, are ideal for bulkier or heavier cargo.
- Usage Frequency: If you’ll be using the van frequently, a compact van might be sufficient for local deliveries. For regular long-haul trips or larger loads, a mid-sized or large van with greater comfort and storage capacity might be necessary.
- Urban vs. Rural: Compact or city vans are more manoeuvrable and better suited for navigating city streets and tight spaces. For rural or off-road areas, larger vans with better ground clearance may be needed.
- Business Type: Different businesses have varying needs. Couriers might benefit from a small van, while construction companies may require a larger van or even a pickup truck for hauling equipment.
- Passenger Transport: If transporting passengers, consider the number of seats needed. Minivans or people carriers are suitable for shuttles or small groups, while larger vans can accommodate more passengers. you may need to consider the drivers licensing requirements too. Has the driver got the correct category on their driving license?
- Customisation: Some jobs may require specialised modifications, like refrigeration units or shelving. Ensure the van size allows for such customisation.
- Fuel Efficiency: Smaller vans generally offer better fuel efficiency, which is crucial for frequent or long-distance use.
- Parking and Storage: Assess whether you have adequate parking and storage space for a larger van, especially if it’s not in use.
- Budget: Larger vans often come with higher purchase and operational costs. Balance your budget with the van’s capabilities.
- Future Growth: Consider potential business expansion. It might be prudent to invest in a slightly larger van if you anticipate increased demand in the future.
In summary, match the van size to the specific job requirements, cargo volume, usage frequency, and any additional needs like passenger transport or specialised equipment. Careful consideration ensures that your choice enhances productivity, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness for your business or personal use.
Our specialist team are on hand to answer any questions that you may have. Our aim is to provide you with the vehicle that fits your requirement and desired purpose. Simply call our team now on 01656 654321.
We offer all makes and models of commercial vehicles with finance packages to suit you or your businesses budget. Check out the latest van offers now: New Van Offers